I visited shoutbox of takbo.ph group and there was a discussion on how many lbs of fat we lose by running. I was asked to post a before and after picture when I told them I lose 28lbs in 2 months so here it is. See above.
Now for those who are trying to lose weight, here’s what I did. Remember that we have different body structure, different daily routines and so there’s no guarantee you will lose the same weight like mine. Please consult your doctor just to be sure. In a nut shell, its a combination of running and diet.
1. Do walk-run for 2 km everyday in the morning. Do this Monday to Friday. On Saturday walk-run for 4 km.
I saw an article somewhere that people who runs in the morning tends to be more consistent than those who did at night. I can vouch for that as its been effective during my first month of training.
2. Avoid coffee and fruit juices. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. If you should drink fruit juice, I’d say use REAL fresh juice, not those concentrated juice you buy on the stores.
3. Avoid fatty foods. You know them so I won’t discuss it all here. Feast on fruits and vegetables. I’d go for complex carbs like whole wheat bread. Avoid white bread at ALL times. This is bad carbs. I remember I also ate seafoods and fried chicken, avoid the skin part too.
4. Stay away from fast foods. You know the stuffs, french fries, soda, breaded chicken etc.
5. If you have a car, park it far away from your place. If you commute, much better as walking is really a good way of losing weight.
On the 2nd month, you can slowly introduce coffee. Also instead of doing walk-run everyday, I would say do it 3 or twice during weekdays. But stay running 4km during Saturdays.
Now after two months, tell me what happened. If you lose less than 5lbs after 2 months, either you’re not doing what I did or you’re simply really eating like its the end of the world tomorrow.
In my effort to improve my running speed, I decided to take tempo runs seriously. This is only possible if I could train on a more “formal” settings and not just on any concrete/asphalt roads. As there’s no way I could train at Ultra (and for a fee) because I live in Dasma Cavite, I tried my luck if I could use my school’s facilities- DLSU-D rubberized Oval track. See below:
Here’s another picture with students doing that star thing stunt. I heard they made the biggest star la sallians would be very proud of. Okay…
After dealing with bureaucracies inside our school, I was given a “go” signal from the vp of facilities. Woohoo! I was granted to use it M-W-F and Sat every morning until end of Sept. As I plan to use this during mornings (5am to 6:30am), I was told I might be running alone and I could ask facilities to turn the lights on during my runs if its too dark. Man I felt VIP that day!
I would use this to train myself for the marathon on October. I guess spending 7 yrs (I took Comsci and MBA here) in College is worth it after all! Hahahaha!
Hopefully, after a month, I shall revisit 10k race and have my revenge!!!