I bought a pair of Adidas Response Stability weeks ago to take advantage of the 30% discount that Runnr store gave to some runner-bloggers. When I had another gait analysis, Julius of Runnr noticed that my right foot overpronates from time to time. So he suggested a couple of stability-cushion shoes but with more emphasis on the cushioning part. My eyes were fixed on New Balance 1225 then, however he mentioned that the shoes I should purchase must weight more on the cushion side to straighten my right foot. Additionally with my “heavier” built, I was hoping a cushion shoes will help soften the impact on my knees plus hopefully avoid any incidents of a painful butt.
To help me with my choices, he had me ran on my barefoot, Nike Vomero and then Adidas Response Stability and compared video captures of my foot strike on each. Adidas Response Stability seems to improve pronation on my right foot, so I purchased one on the spot. Julius wants me to try other shoes but with tight budget, I knew that what he recommended is the cheapest but reliable shoes within the cushion-stability range.
I tried this at the oval track and in a fun run I joined weeks ago. Here are my observations:
- Witha very thick cushion, I’m surprised it feels very light and its cushion softer than any shoes I have so far.
- Very durable, I will use this on 21km and marathon races in the future. But then no one can stop using me using this pair on lower distances as well
- It may lack that “kick-ass” look/style, but it made it up with its great traction and comfort even on wet roads.
- Excellent arch support.
- The only thing I don’t like about this shoe is its too wide for my feet.
So if you’re looking for cheap running shoes with good joint/impact cushioning, long lasting, lightweight and fair elastic rebound sole, Adidas Response Stability might be for you.
Available at:Runnr Store
Cost: Php 4,495
For geeks, check the specs:
- Air mesh upper
- Mesh tongue for maximum ventilation
- Lace-up front
- Nonslip lining
- Anatomically molded EVA insole
- Dual-density midsole for pronation control
- FORMOTION(R) for motion control and ground adaptability
- adiWEAR(R) outsole for durability in high wear areas
- Blown rubber outsole